BUS CAMÍ DE CAVALLS in 6 stages:HIKE ROUTE 2
HIKE ROUTE 2
From FORNELLS / CALA TIRANT to CAVALLERÍA/BINIMEL-LÀ:
Min. 6,5km – Max.13 km
Departure at 09:00am from Mahón Bus Station to:
- 1st Stop CALA TIRANT (Playa de Fornells)
- 2nd optional Stop FORNELLS
Meeting point for return bus:
- 1st Stop CAVALLERIA, pick-up at 05:00pm in the parking area of the beach of Cavallería.
- 2nd Stop, BINIMEL-LÀ, pick-up at 05:20pm in the parking area of Binimel•là beach.
- The following beaches: Cala Tirant, Cavallería, Cala Mica, Binimel•là and Pregonda.
- Of archaeological interest: Port and Roman town of Sanisera, Sanitja defense tower.
- The Cavallería Lighthouse, exterior zone.
This hike route begins in Cala Tirant and runs through one of the best conserved areas of the island’s coastline that has been declared a Site of Community Importance and has great biodiversity and great ornithological interest. For hikers who prefer to visit and start from the fishing village of Fornells, the minibus will make an optional stop.
This route stands out for the humid areas of Binimel•là, the Basses de Lluriac (extensive wetland) and, a short distance away from the Camí de Cavalls, the possibility of visiting the port of Sanitja (archaeological site of the ancient Roman city) that was first a military camp and then the “Civitas de Sanisera” city.
Another close destination that we can not miss is the Cavalleria lighthouse, erected in 1857 on its spectacular cliffs over 80 meters high.
Along the hike route that runs through one of the steepest and most unspoiled areas of the north coast, you find the beaches of Tirant, Cavalleria, Mica and Binimel•là where there are two systems of dunes that host important plant communities.
You can reach the beach of Pregonda, one of the most beautiful in the north by adding 1.5 km of walking to the route, then return to the parking area of Binimel-là beach for the return journey with your bus to Mahón.