BUS CAMÍ DE CAVALLS in 6 stages:HIKE ROUTE 5
HIKE ROUTE 5
From CALA GALDANA to SANTO TOMÁS/ ES MIGJORN GRAN:
Min. 11 km – Max. 15,5 km
Departure at 09:00am from Ciutadella (Vía Perimetral, Avinguda de Josep Mascaró Pasarius) to CALA GALDANA
Meeting point for return bus:
- 1st Stop SANTO TOMÁS, pick-up at 05:00pm at the bus stop in front of the Hotel Victoria Playa.
- 2nd Stop ES MIGJORN GRAN, pick-up at the bus stop in front of the Soccer Field.
- The beaches of: Cala Galdana, Cala Mitjana, Cala Trebalúger, Cala Fustam, Cala Escorxada and Binigaus.
- The “Cathedral” or Des Coloms Cave, a stunning natural cave 24m high and 110m deep.
- The Talayotic settlement of San Agustí, Cova Pulida (temporarily closed)
- Binigaus ravine and Sa Cova.
Known as the “Barrancos Route” where the most important ravines of the island are found (Algendar, Trebaluger and Albranca). From Cala Galdana you cross the unspoiled beach of Cala Mitjana and the wooded area of the interior.
In Cala Galdana you will be left in the upper area near the viewpoint of Sa Punta. The path to the virgin beach of Cala Mitjana begins here and then leaving the coast it continues into a wooded area of the interior. This section presents one of the most diverse and interesting natural landscapes of the island of Menorca with aquatic vegetation and wetlands.
Continuing on the route traced by the Camí de Cavalls you reach the beautiful beach of Binigaus just at the point that the cliffs give way to the coast to end up in the Santo Tomás urbanization.
This route includes 2 alternatives to the hike route traced by Camí de Cavalls:
- You can walk the entire coastline, without entering the wooded area, discovering three beautiful and unspoiled inlets of Trebalúger, Fustam and Escorxada.
- On the beach of Binigaus you can go inland along the ravine and visit the impressive Cova des Coloms known as the “Cathedral” due to its considerable size. Then walk along a rural road to the Talayotic town of San Agustí, one of the wonders of Minorcan archeology, to end up in the village of Es Migjorn Gran, located in the heart of the island.
The minibus will pick up the hikers in the urbanization of Santo Tomás or in Es Migjorn Gran to return to Ciutadella.